If you are unable to come to the clinic because of quarantine restrictions, sick, transportation issues, concerned about getting infected with COVID, wished to stay at home, or simply opt for convenience, online consultation or telemedicine is now available with your COI doctors. Here we will guide you on how to make an appointment for new consultations or how to get in touch with your doctor for follow-up consultations. All you need is a desktop computer with a web camera, a laptop, a tablet, or a smart phone. It is also essential to have a very good internet connection for a very good quality video conference.
Here are the simple steps in making an online appointment for telemedicine:
- Go over to our COI Doctor Directory page and choose your preferred doctor by clicking on his/her photo.
2. Once you are inside his/her profile page click on the online consultation link (red arrow).
3. It will take you to his/her SeriousMD profile where you can check his clinic schedule. You can then click on the “Book an Appointment’ button located at the bottom area.
4. If you’re a returning patient needing follow-up consultation click on the “I’m an Existing Patient”, however if you’re a new patient then click on the “I’m a New Patient”.
5. On the next page, select “Virtual Consult”, then choose “Cebu Orthopaedic Institute” or “Virtual Consultation Clinic”.
6. Then click on the schedule box to choose the date you want your telemedicine. Tick the “I have read…” box then click the “Continue” button.
7. Fill out the patient details, indicate the reason for booking (example: I have a knee pain; for follow-up consult on my operated hand; I need a second opinion about my back pain), then click “continue”.
8. Your doctor will inform you later on ways to settle fee. Choices could be bank transfer, PAYMAYA, or G-Cash. Then finally click the “Book Appointment” button.
9. Once your doctor received the appointment request, he will then accept the booking or sometimes reschedule your appointment if he’s not available on your requested date. An email from seriousMD will be sent to you that contains a link to download an application called “NOW Serving”, download it from Google Play or Apple Store.
10. Once you open the app an Authorization and Consent form will appear regarding the nature of telemedicine consultation.
11. That’s it. You have now the app to view your confirmed appointment with your doctor. Do not uninstall the APP, you’re going to need it the next time you need to book another appointment with your doctor. SeriousMD is one of the most popular telemedicine platform and it is used by many other doctors of different specialty. You can use the NOW SERVING APP to find other doctors of different specialty.